We are currently recruiting for a Compliance & Financial Crime Officer
Compliance & Financial Crime Officer
Commitment: Permanent, full-time (35 hours per week)
About Charity Bank
Charity Bank is an ethical bank with a mission to use money for good. We’re entirely owned by charitable foundations, trusts and social purpose organisations.
With Charity Bank, savings can become a powerful force for good: they might be used to build affordable homes, launch community projects or support disadvantaged young people.
Purpose of the role
The holder of the post will provide support to Charity Bank’s Compliance Manager & MLRO who is responsible for delivering a comprehensive compliance and anti-money laundering framework that enables Charity Bank to meet regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis and acts as Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Key accountabilities include:
- Compliance monitoring: Assist in all aspects of compliance monitoring, and ensure that relevant registers (e.g. breaches, senior managers regime; conflicts of interest, complaints, etc.) are kept up to date.
- AML checks: Complete customer due diligence checks on non-straightforward account applications referred by the Savings / Banking teams, and undertake ongoing due diligence checks on existing customer accounts. Monitor current sanctions lists and screen customer accounts against them.
- Training administration: Oversee the roll out of the relevant online Compliance / AML training modules to all staff as required; monitor completion; maintain up to date training records.
- Compliance and financial crime reporting: Assist with the preparation of reports and management information for Board and Committee meetings.
- Record keeping: Maintain up to date and comprehensive compliance and financial crime records (electronic and manual).
- Products and Financial Promotions: Assist the Compliance Manager in the review of financial promotions to ensure they meet regulatory standards, and in making recommendations on changes/approvals.
- Complaints: Provide advice and support to colleagues dealing with complaints, and take responsibility for ensuring timely and appropriate responses on behalf of Charity Bank.
- Regulatory change: Monitor and keep up to date with regulatory change, activities and developments; review relevant consultation papers and policy statements.
Download the full Role Description.
Closing date: Friday 29th June 2018
How to apply:
To apply for the above position, send your CV together with a covering letter letting us know how you meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Notice:
As you will be providing us with personal data as part of the application process, we’d like to draw your attention to our Fair Processing Notice for Applicants which outlines how and why we are using your personal data and your rights under data protection legislation.
Our general Privacy Notice can be viewed at charitybank.org/privacy.