We are currently recruiting for a Compliance and Financial Crime Manager.
Compliance and Financial Crime Manager
Contract: Permanent (1.0 - Full Time)
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive
About Charity Bank
Charity Bank is an ethical bank with a mission to use money for good. We’re entirely owned by charitable foundations, trusts and social purpose organisations.
With Charity Bank, savings can become a powerful force for good: they might be used to build affordable homes, launch community projects or support disadvantaged young people.
Purpose of the Role
To be responsible for compliance arrangements and managing the responsibilities of the Compliance department, in order to support the Deputy Chief Executive in the development and delivery of a comprehensive risk and compliance framework that enables the Bank to meet regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis. Undertake the role of Financial Crime Manager, responsible for the establishment and maintenance of effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Regulatory relationship: Act as the primary contact point for key regulators (PRA, FCA, FSCS & BIS), monitoring the flow of information. Provide regulatory reports and ensure requests for information are responded to on a timely basis. Manage preparation for and delivery of regulatory visits and ensure resulting action plans are implemented with reports made to management on progress.
- Regulatory change: Monitor and keep up to date with regulatory change, activities and developments; reviewing statements/papers (to include PRA, FCA, FSCS, HMT, BIS and other trade body activities, e.g. BBA). Inform and advise senior management, the Board and other relevant stakeholders regarding proposed and pending regulatory changes and their likely impact on the business so that Charity Bank can put appropriate processes in place to meet future regulatory requirements.
- Business support: Provide advice to business departments on regulatory obligations and on the creation and implementation of regulatory compliant policies and procedures. Advise on/suggest changes to processes where there may be a changed/new conduct impact. Provide support to colleagues to prepare them when regulatory visits and inspections are due.
- Compliance and Financial Crime Strategy: Develop a comprehensive strategy for the business which includes conduct and financial crime risks.
- Conduct: Identify key processes that have material elements of treating customers fairly (“TCF”)/conduct risks. Prioritise/deliver a monitoring programme which encompasses reviews of relevant policies, processes and procedures across the business within the agreed framework for TCF/conduct risks.
- Financial Crime: Ensure that appropriate AML arrangements are in place and that the relevant legislation is complied with. Arrange for regular reviews to be undertaken to monitor the effectiveness of AML policies and procedures, completing customer due diligence checks on referrals from the Savings/Lending teams and undertaking ongoing due diligence on existing customer accounts. Ensure SARs are reviewed and investigated and, where relevant, submitted to the relevant law enforcement agency. Keep up to date with sanctions, prohibitions or advisory notices.
- Training: Ensure arrangements are in place to provide staff with training on Compliance, Financial Crime and AML requirements.
- External: Liaise with external agencies e.g. regulators or law enforcement agencies, and any other third-party enquiries in relation to money laundering prevention, investigation or compliance. Promptly respond to any reasonable request for information from the regulator and/or law enforcement agencies.
- Products and Financial Promotions: Review all financial promotions to ensure they meet regulatory standards. Make recommendations on approvals/changes to promotions. Facilitate product risk reviews (performance of the product, operational review and compliance).
- Policies, Procedures and Records: Maintain compliance records. Ensure that compliance policies (including financial crime, AML, data protection, conflicts of interest, etc) and the Compliance Manual are reviewed and kept up to date and meet prevailing legal and regulatory standards.
- Senior Manager and Certification Regime & Code of Conduct: Ensure the Bank continues to meet the relevant requirements, including maintenance of the responsibilities matrix and map, providing SMR training to SMF holders and conduct training to all staff, and liaising with HR to ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- Compliance and Financial Crime reporting: Produce MI and annual reviews covering financial crime, AML, financial promotions, complaints, compliance monitoring, TCF and all other conduct risk areas as required. Provide reports to the senior management team on the findings of Compliance and AML reviews and where non-compliance with policies or regulations has been identified..
- Complaints register: Maintain the register and provide advice and guidance to business areas to ensure that timely and appropriate responses to complainants on behalf of Charity Bank.
- Committees: Required attendance at Audit Committee and Risk Committee; attend Board and EXCO as requested.
Download the full Job Description.
Closing date and time: Wednesday 29th August 2018 at 5pm.
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing hoe you meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Notice:
As you will be providing us with personal data as part of the application process, we’d like to draw your attention to our Fair Processing Notice for Applicants which outlines how and why we are using your personal data and your rights under data protection legislation.
Our general Privacy Notice can be viewed at charitybank.org/privacy.