- Available to individuals who are permanently resident in the UK.
- 0.47% Gross/AER*
Ethical 1-Year Fixed Rate Account (Gross/AER)* - Fixed Rate
|Fixed Period||£5,000 - £500,000|
*Gross is the interest rate without tax deducted.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
**If you are wishing to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our Savings Team on 01732 441944.
View our Historic Interest Rates for our Personal Savings accounts since January 2015.
|Payment of interest (personal account)||Interest will be paid gross, which means interest is paid to you without tax being deducted from it. If the total amount of interest you earn exceeds your Personal Savings Allowance then you may have to pay tax directly to HM Revenue and Customs. For more information please see the latest Government information, or visit the HMRC website or call them on 0300 200 3310.|
|Fixed term||1 year.|
|Minimum initial deposit||£5,000.|
|Withdrawals||No early withdrawals.|
|Paying money in||Only one deposit can be made into the account by cheque or electronic transfer.|
|Number of account holders||Up to four for personal accounts.|
|How we calculate interest||Interest is calculated daily and applied to your account annually on the anniversary of the account being opened. There is no bonus interest payable.|
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on deposit of £5,000?||Based on an interest rate of 0.47% gross, the balance on a £5,000 deposit after 12 months would be £5,023.50. The illustrative example assume no withdrawals, no changes to the fixed interest rate over the period and interest is paid and compounded annually. (The illustrative example does not take into account the individual circumstances of a customer)|
|Can Charity Bank change the interest rate?||The interest rate is fixed and cannot be altered in accordance with Section 8 Changes to interest rates of our Terms for personal savers.|
|Managing your account||All accounts are operated by post. We can answer any questions directly by email or over the phone|
|What happens at maturity of the fixed-term?||We will write to you before maturity to remind you of the date that your fixed-term ends. At maturity, you can either withdraw your funds to your Nominated Account, reinvest them in a new fixed-rate account or transfer them into an alternative Charity Bank account of your choice (subject to any specific account Terms). If you do not let us know what you wish to do by the maturity date, your account will automatically revert to an Ethical 33-Day Notice account and the managed interest rate will be confirmed to you in writing. The Ethical 33-Day Notice account is subject to the following condition: A signed letter giving 33 days’ notice is required for withdrawals and closures.|
- The Ethical 1-Year Fixed Rate Account is available to individuals who are permanently resident in the UK.
- You need to be aged 16 years or over and liable to pay tax in the UK.
- You may apply online. You will need to print an Application Summary at the end of the online process to sign and return to us. Alternatively you can apply by post.
- This is a fixed term account, so you'll only have access to your money when the account matures.
- Your eligible deposits with Charity Bank are currently protected up to the limit of £85,000 under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- If you are wishing to place deposits greater than £500,000, please contact our Savings Team on 01732 441944.
- View our full Terms for Personal Savers click here
For all Charity Bank savings documentation including historical/current interest rates, terms for savers, and application forms, please visit our documents library.
- Once you've opened your account with us, we'll send you a welcome pack explaining how to manage your account and where we’re investing your money.
- You’ll receive annual bank statements with a twist: see how your savings have grown and learn about some of the organisations your savings have supported.
- You'll receive your money once your account has matured. We'll write to you before your account is due to mature to explain a few options, should you want to move your deposit into another account.
- Call us directly to check your account details and rate or if you have any questions.
- t: 01732 441944 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our other accounts
Not the right account for you? Or perhaps you'd like to open more than one account? Read about our other ethical savings accounts for personal savers.
Ethical 33-Day Notice Account
- Make your savings work for charities and social enterprises
- Up to 0.35% Gross/AER*
- Individuals who are permanently resident in the UK
Ethical 1-Year Fixed Rate Account
- Lock your money away and support the unsung heroes in our communities
- 0.47% Gross/AER*
- Individuals who are permanently resident in the UK and only liable to pay tax in the UK
Ethical 1-Year Charity, Trust and Unincorporated Association Fixed Rate Account
- Available if you are a UK registered charity or trusts or unincorporated association (club or society)
- 0.47% Gross / AER*